Thursday, June 11, 2009

Revelation

I don't know why it has taken me almost four months to figure this out, but Bridget does not like noise! She gets really upset when the dogs bark or if you talk too loud while holding her and gets really overwhelmed when all of the cousins are around! Lately she has been getting fussy around 9 pm and we figured out that if we go put her in her dark quiet room, she will go to sleep, even if we lay her down still awake. Imagine that! I've been applying this to nap time too and now, instead of taking a bunch of little cat naps all day, she will take nice long naps in her crib.

Last night I was going to have her sleep in the bassinet since she was sick, but she wanted nothing to do with it. She also takes up most of the room in it now, so I think it's time to pack it up and free up some space in my bedroom.

Bridget seems to be doing much better today. She had a screaming fit this morning, so I gave her some Tylenol and started singing to her, which make her laugh every time. I guess my voice is pretty bad! She has been quietly napping in her crib for an hour and a half now. Hopefully she'll wake up in a good mood!

Audrey went #2 on the potty all on her own this morning, so I think we are making some headway. Yay!!

No comments: