Monday, June 15, 2009

Bully!


On Saturday evening, Audrey fell asleep on the couch at 6:30pm. We tried to wake her, but she was still feeling crummy, so Andy finally carried her up to bed at 8. Big mistake! She was wide awake and hungry at 2 am. Andy brought her down for a snack and then she came into our room and talked my ear off! She rambled on and on and on about anything and everything. She came with me to feed Bridget at 5:30 and talked B's ear off ("Hi Bridget! What you doing Bridget? Look, her eyes are waking up!), so the baby was then up for the day too! I survived until about 9 am when I realized that I didn't have the energy to lift my cereal spoon. I got Andy up and Bridget and I took a 2 1/2 hour nap!

Sunday night, we were determined to wear Audrey out. She seemed to be feeling better, so we went on a walk with the dogs to try and see the cows in the field outside of the neighborhood. Unfortunately, they were too far away to really see, but on the way back she saw the pool and wanted to go swimming.

It was getting close to 8, so we just stuck her in a swim suit and Andy got in his (plus I don't have a suit or swim diapers for B yet). It was funny watching her progression to the water. She started out by standing really far back, then she lay on the side and splashed Daddy with her hands, then her feet went in, then she played on the first step, then the second step... soon she let Andy carry her across the pool and by the time we left, she was jumping off the side to Andy!


She crashed when we got home (yay), but then woke up at 2 am (boo). Luckily she went back down fairly easily.

Andy got a bad report about her when he picked her up from school today. They told him that she was pushing kids and hitting their cups when they were trying to drink, thus spilling on them. They also said that she was really quiet and asked if she was around a lot of other kids.

I'm not sure what her being around kids has to do with her being a bully, but of course now I'm all worried that she has bad social skills! I am trying to use this to convince Andy to put her in daycare more often, but he thinks she'll just be a bigger bully. Maybe I need to find an activity to sign her up for. Most of the ones I've found so far are on days I have to work, so I'll have to keep looking!

There was also a new girl in the baby room who told Andy that Bridget is "uniquely beautiful." We are trying to figure out what that odd phrase means - is she almost ugly, but not quite? Nah, she's pretty damn cute!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! One bad day does not a bully make. Maybe she was just cranky after being sick! Aren't we all? Of course, we've learned that we can't do things like knock our co-workers' drinks out of their hands just because we're frustrated or irritated. Toddlers /preschoolers haven't quite mastered that :)

-Dana