Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day and Four Month Checkup

We had a busy weekend last weekend. On Saturday, cousin Ian turned 2 and we had lots of fun at his party. Audrey somehow managed to make it through with no nap and Bridget, who typically doesn't like a lot of noise, did just great!

On Sunday we celebrated Papa's birthday and Father's Day over at Tina's house. The girls had made Andy some gifts at daycare. Audrey made a cute little hand print flower and they made a print of Bridget's foot with some really bizarre poem about stinky feet and stinky toes. (Side story: The daycare workers told Andy that Audrey is awesome at helping pick up toys. I think there must be more than one Audrey in her class! ;))


I made Andy a stepping stone when Audrey was a baby and had the intention of doing one every year. Last year, for whatever reason, I never got around to making one, so I had Audrey help me this year. Big mistake!! Audrey started out by being very helpful. I did both of their footprints and Audrey put some stones on to decorate it.


Then, she starts digging in it like it's a sandbox! I let her play with it for a while until I worried that she would turn into a statue, then I stuck her hand and and B's foot in it, distracted her, threw some stones on and hid it behind the recycle bins! Unfortunately, I think it was too hot outside so it dried with a big crack down the middle. Next year we will have to do it in the garage.

Here is Daddy and girls on Father's Day. The party pooper wouldn't look at the camera, but the girls look cute and that's all that matters!


The downside of our fun, busy weekend is that we didn't have much time to work on potty training, so it was back to the grind today!

Miss Bridget had her 4 month check up this morning. She has had a major growth spurt and has almost caught up to where Audrey was at the same time. B is 12 lbs, 7 1/4 oz (25th %) and was almost 25 inches long (75th %). Here is her official 4 month old portrait. I can never get her to smile when the camera is in her face!

And here is Audrey's four month picture. The hair still kills me!

And here is what happens when you let someone lick the brownie batter bowl and then you turn around and start washing the dishes:






After I took this, I had to drag her up to my shower, which she hates! Andy decided that he was going to tile her bathroom floor, so he ripped the linoleum up about a week and a half ago. He placed the toilet in her tub, and our tub is filled with some water purification gizmo for his tanks, so I had no way to bathe the poor kid. He has since taken the toilet out of her tub - thank you honey!