Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby's First Fever



I had a "bad mommy" day today. When I got Bridget up this morning, I thought she felt kind of warm. I took her temperature and it wasn't very high, plus she ate fine and was all smiley, so I just attributed it to it being warm in the house plus she was sleeping zipped up in a sleeper blanket.
So, when my cell phone rang at 11:15 and it said "Daycare" on the caller ID, I immediately knew why they were calling and felt like crap for sending a sick kid to daycare.
I called the pediatrician on the way to pick her up and went straight there (I left Audrey at daycare to make everything easier).
For someone with a fever, Bridget sure was a happy baby at the doctor's office! She just layed on the table and smiled at herself in the mirror. The doctor had a hard time getting her to turn her head so she could check her ears because she was so into her reflection!
They got a urine sample to test for a bacterial infections, which came back fine, so they think she just has a viral infection. The doc said that the fever can last from 48-72 hours and I'm hoping she is just as content for the next couple of days as she was today. They gave me a free bottle of Infant Tylenol, so that was nice!
I thought I was being this awesome potty trainer by getting rid of all of the diapers and only having pull ups and big girl undies in the house. I bought two big packs of Huggies Cool Alert Pull Ups and guess what? They give her a rash! The poor kid has never really had diaper rash until I stuck her in Pull Ups! During my Tuesday late night Kroger run last night, I had to buy some diapers to put her in at bed and naptime so her little tushy won't be raw.
We are maybe making progress with the potty training. She goes pee pee on the potty about once a day and I've noticed that whenever she asks for a diaper or underwear, she pees shortly thereafter. She must be getting the concept of when she has to go, she just needs to figure out to sit on the potty instead of going on the floor!
As you can see from the photo, she also has the reading on the potty technique down!
Speaking of going to the store, since I had my big $70 savings week using the Grocery Game, I've only had a couple of $40 saving weeks. It seems like the same stuff is always on sale. I can only use so much Grillmates Seasonings, salad dressing and BBQ sauce! I did rack up with the Lysol sale they had this week. I have enough cleaning supplies to open my own cleaning company and I paid very little for them, like 0.29 for toilet bowl cleaner! It's kind of sad that these things excite me.
That reminds me, B's pediatrician told me that she liked my "mommy haircut." I already was worried that it made me look older, then she said that! It looks like I'll be growing it out! One of the older guys at work calls me Halle (like Halle Berry) though, so that makes me feel a little better! :)

No comments: