Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nature Girl

Andy was feeling brave on Sunday and loaded up Hazel, a basset hound with a heart condition, a 21 month old and a pregnant lady and headed to the woods. We went to a wildlife management area about 15 minutes north of here and had a little hike.

In the middle of the hunting area, there is this little graveyard. It was creepy because most of the headstones you see are of infants and children.


Audrey had a good time, although she kept talking about baby ducks. There were no ducks there, but whatever. She either got to ride on Daddy's shoulders or she followed Hazel around. I love this picture of the dogs getting a drink after our hike. Oh, and Audrey is in there somewhere too! After the dogs got their drink, I turned around and found her belly down on the dirt with her face in the dog bowl. I swear that kid thinks she's a dog half the time. I have been telling Audrey that there is a baby in my tummy to try to prepare her a little bit for February. Last night, I asked her what was in my tummy, and she lifted my shirt, pointed to my belly and said "There's a baby." I told her to tell Daddy what was in my tummy, and she lifted his shirt, pointed to his belly and said "There's a baby." Ha, ha, Andy is fat too! (just kidding honey)

Audrey has been kind of processing things we tell her while trying to discipline her. For example, she'll stick something in her mouth, and then say "Don't eat that." The other day she was pressing buttons on the Bose ipod speakers and was saying "Don't do it! Don't touch that." It just cracks me up that she says these things while she is performing the offensive act!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the picture of everyone having a water break!