Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello From Rosemary Beach!


Audrey saw her first palm tree at the Florida Welcome Center yesterday. She calls them mum frees. So cute! We arrived at the beach around 2:30 beach time and Aunt Tina immediately grabbed Audrey, stuck her swimsuit on, and took her to the pool while Andy and I unloaded the car. We are staying in the carriage house over the garage, so it's nice to have our own little private suite, complete with kitchenette.

We got our swimsuits on and went to the pool. Audrey wasn't too keen on getting in the water, even though the pool is heated and is much warmer than being out with the cool fall breeze. She was content sitting on the steps and playing. When we could get her in the water, she clung onto me so tightly that I didn't even have to hold her.

After a snack break up at the house, we took Audrey down to see the ocean for the first time. Jack came along with us and Ryan briefly showed up to bring Jason his cell phone, but he didn't want to get his (Ryan's) iphone sandy, so he headed back up to the house with his Gram.



Audrey LOVED the sand. The best way to describe her in the sand is to imagine a pig wallowing in the mud. She rolled around, stuck some in her hair, put it all over her legs, and of course, tasted some! When she finally looked up at the water, she said "Wow!" She got her toes in briefly but was too content to roll in the sand.




Where's Jack? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to climb sand dunes, but that didn't stop him!




After a yummy dinner by Jan and a bath with Ryan, we had to lay in our bed with Audrey until she crashed, then Tina and I went down to the boardwalk to look at the stars. I forgot how many you can see at the beach! It is so dark and quiet here, then if you look to the left, you can see Panama City practically glowing because it's so built up. It looks kind of tacky - I'm glad we aren't staying there!




Audrey woke up a little earlier than she normally does (that's why I'm up so early posting). Unfortunately, a little early translates to 5:30 am beach time! I think we'll both be having naps today! I guess I better get dressed soon. Ryan said he's taking us out for chocolate covered doughnuts with sprinkles this morning, then once it warms up, we are going to see if we can get Audrey into the ocean!

Here are the rest of the pictures:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check out http://WorldSwimwear.com for nice swimsuits!