Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's Up?

That's Audrey's new favorite question to ask the pets and her stuffed animals. It's pretty cute seeing her walk over and say "Hey Hazel! What's up?"

She is a total parrot lately and comes up with new stuff to talk about every day. The Little Mermaid is quickly becoming her #2 favorite movie, and tonight she was walking around singing "unnuh sea" (translation: Under the Sea). She also asked for her CD's in the car, then flipped through the book and picked one out to listen to. That kind of sucked because we usually listen to Mommy's ipod. ;)

My belly is really popping out and I'm only 18 1/2 weeks. It's funny how cautious you are with the first pregnancy as compared to the second pregnancy. I wasn't brave enough to drink coffee until pretty far along with Audrey, and now I have to have my morning cup. Besides my vitamins, this baby's main source of calcium is via a nightly bowl of ice cream instead of a glass of milk. I was also careful not to lift much or do anything strenuous last time, but that's hard to do with a toddler. I can totally tell the wear it's taking on my body. I am exhausted at night (especially the nights after I've been home with Audrey all day) and the ligaments around my belly are very sore and easily pulled. Ouch! I'm pretty sure I had a Braxton Hicks contraction last night, but luckily it was only one.

When I am resting at night, this baby is a real kicker. I've been feeling him/her a lot this past week, mostly at night when I can relax. Audrey was never super active in my belly but I have a feeling this one is going to beat the hell out of me when it's bigger!

We are leaving bright and early in the morning for Rosemary Beach! Hopefully no one will mistake me for a giant whale. ;) I'll be bringing my laptop so I plan to post some pictures over the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that Alabama and Florida have gas, unlike us!

No comments: