Grandma and Grandpa F are in Hawaii for 10 days (lucky ducks!), so Audrey has to go to daycare all three days that I'm working for the next couple of weeks. We started out on Monday with a notice that there are two confirmed cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease at the daycare, so we have to watch for painful blisters on Audrey's hands, feet and mouth. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Our day today started out with Audrey waking up at 4:45 am. Andy was working an overnight shift, so I just brought her into my bed where she tossed and turned and talked until I finally got up an hour later and started getting ready for work. When I picked her up from daycare, she had two fat lips. She tripped over a baby swing shortly before I got there and busted both of her lips open. Are we going to survive the next couple of weeks?
Audrey is talking up a storm lately. She typically yells at Roscoe that he's a "bad dog," because apparently that's what I yell all day, but yesterday she walked up to Hazel and told her that she was a "good boy." Poor Hazel - people always think she's a chocolate lab, and now Audrey thinks she is a boy!
We got some new fish for Andy's saltwater tank, and while we were at the aquarium store, she was fascinated by a sea horse, but Andy said that they are too hard to take care of. When we got home, Andy was showing her the new fish and she turned around and said "Where's the sea horse?" Way to go Daddy! We'll have to find a mechanical one that swims around the tank! She also has to say "mornin" and "night night" to the fish and any four legged pets that she sees each morning and night.
I took this picture on my phone last week. I took Audrey with me to my 16 week ob check up. She was coloring on a piece of paper before we left and had a death grip on the pen, so I let her keep it and continue coloring in the car. When we got to the doctor's office, I turned around and her whole face was hot pink! Luckily it was a gel pen so it wiped right off with a diaper wipe.
She also got into my makeup bag while we were waiting for the midwife and I looked down and she had dark red lipstick smeared all over her face. That didn't come off quite as easily!
In more exciting news, Audrey got an early birthday present from Miss Jan and Mr. Steve today - we are going to The Wiggles concert in November with her cousins! This will be Audrey's first concert and since we watch The Wiggles most mornings, I'm sure she will love it. Andy is already trying to pawn his ticket off on Grandma Carol, but I know Audrey will love to have her Daddy there (plus then I won't have to hold her the whole time!).
I'm feeling Baby #2 move more and more lately, which is reassuring. I hate having appointments monthly because I start getting panicky and scared between them. Silly, I know, but I can't help it. I still can't find where I stored that stupid doppler machine!
Well, this post is long enough. Can you tell that there is nothing good on TV tonight? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment