Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby's First Shiner

First of all, here are the rest of the beach pictures:


On Monday, Andy picked Audrey up from daycare. They were out back on Audrey's swing when I got home, and I heard Andy say "Mommy's home. She's going to be pissed!" I turned the corner and see that my baby girl has a black eye! You can see the bruising under her left eye and by her nostril and this morning, I noticed that a blood vessel had burst on the inside corner of her eye.

The daycare workers told Andy that she was climbing on something and fell off right onto a toy. I understand that kids get hurt, but I just wonder why no one was watching her better and, although Andy disagrees, I think they should have called me and told me what happened. I just think an injury that bad deserves a warning call so you aren't shocked when you go pick up your baby and she has a shiner! Plus, she had to have smacked her face pretty hard for it to cause all of that bruising. They didn't even have an accident report filled out when Andy got there.

On to happier news, my little girl finally enjoys playing dress up! Before we left for the beach, I bought her a ladybug costume from someone off of craigslist. She found it last night and I put the dress and antenna on her. Andy brought her to the mirror and she smiled and bounced up and down – she loved it! I took the headband off since she usually doesn’t like things on her head and she yelled “No!” So, she pranced around in her ladybug dress and antenna until dinner time!

This morning, the first thing she did was bring me the bag and say “Ladybug!” She also wore it for a while this evening. This was the best picture I could get before she tried to steal the camera from me:


One more week until the big ultrasound! Think blue for Andy's sake!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We got Emma a bumblebee costume today. These two insects definitely need to go trick-or-treating together!

Looks like the black eye hasn't slowed her down. :)