Saturday night was the wedding. It was the first Jewish wedding I have been to, but it wasn't much different than any other wedding other than the breaking of the glass and the parts that were in Hebrew! It was a lot of fun just to drink and dance the night away. Here are the pictures from the wedding, if anyone is interested:
This morning we had our whale watch tour. We saw a harbor seal and a grey seal, puffins, a couple of Minke whales, a couple of fin whales, and my personal favorite, a humpback whale. I have always wanted to see a humpback and never thought I would, so it was very exciting! His name is Arrowhead (I didn't name him, that's his name!) and he's been hanging around Bar Harbor since the 70's. He came up near our boat about five times, and one time he was on our side of the boat. He surfaced really close, then came towards us and swam up to about 20 feet away! Andy got a cool video of him right by the boat but I can't get youtube to upload it for some reason. I'll try again when I've had some sleep. By the way, if you ever go whale watching, it's extremely cold when you are 25 miles off of the coast of Maine! I had on khakis and a cardigan and about froze my butt off.
We had lunch down on the harbor afterwards and Andy ate his first full lobster. He got this huge meal with clam chowder, a 1.5 lb lobster (which I don't think he ate correctly, but he ate it and that's the whole point), corn on the cobb, clams, potatoes and blueberry pie. The poor guy is still paying for that meal - it's 11:15 pm right now and he fell asleep about 15 minutes ago mumbling about how he feels like he's going to barf!
Even with the full stomach, we still made it to see part of Acadia National Park. It's beautiful but it's very touristy and crowded. People from the north talk loud and they have lots of loud children and it's not very pleasant having to listen to obnoxious, loud people while you are looking out over beautiful scenery! Today we just drove to the top of Cadillac Mountain, which is the highest spot on the Eastern seaboard and walked a little around a pond, but it started raining. We had dinner downtown and planned on sitting on the porch and drinking blueberry wine, but someone has a tummy ache!
Here are the rest of my pictures from Maine. I'm too tired to go through and rename them, so I'll do that another time. This isn't all of them, but I thought I'd spare you from having to look at 20 shots of a whale dorsal fin sticking up!

1 comment:
It looks beautiful. Sounds like you guys have had quite an adventure so far!
Post a Comment