Thursday, August 12, 2010

Me and B

Last night, Audrey wanted to go to trivia with Andy, so Bridget and I had a rare Mommy and Bridget evening.  We had fun pointing out various parts of our faces (until B kept trying to lick me - yuck!), playing with my Hipstamatic app on my phone,


and painting her finger and toenails.  Bridget wanted to try doing her toes, so I found a light color, got most of the paint off of the brush and let her have at it.  She sat there and painted away, even stopping to dip the brush in the bottle to get more polish.

I think she's actually trying to do my toe in this picture:

When Audrey got home from trivia, I asked her if she had fun and she told me that Daddy let her have soda - I guess that was the highlight of the evening since they didn't win!  I never gave much thought to the issues of Daddy taking her to the bathroom, but she is too little to go into the ladies room by herself, so she has to go into the nasty mens room when she is out with Andy.  I had to laugh when he told me that he kept having to tell her "Audrey, we don't sing in the men's room.  We don't make up songs about tiny toilet paper rolls." I'm sure the other men at the restaurant loved being serenaded while they used the urinal! ;)

You know how most kids come into their parents rooms at night saying that there is a monster under their bed?  Audrey came into our room the other night at around 11.  I was already asleep but was awoken by Andy's laughing.  Audrey came in and nonchalantly said "There's not an alien under my bed" and climbed into our bed.  I think she needs to learn how the whole sleeping-in-mommy's-room thing works!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

So cute! You have some amazing girls. I love it when Charis lets me paint her nails and we get some girly time. It's rare these days. :)