Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Does anyone else need me to take them to the doctor??

It's only Wednesday and it feels like the longest week ever already!  On Monday morning, I made poor rashy Hazel a vet appointment for right after work.  I get a call from Mom about an hour later stating that Audrey has a headache and is throwing up.  I freak out, run her to the doctor (viral infection - treatment is to tough it out), drop her off at home and head to the pharmacy to get her some anti-nausea medication and then grab Hazel and take her to the vet.  Hazel's summer allergies were so bad that she has a secondary skin infection and a double ear infection.  I felt like such a bad doggy mommy for waiting so long to take her in.  The vet said that her skin looked really bad and probably felt like it was on fire, which is why she was keeping us up all night with her chewing and scratching. Within a couple of hours of starting her steroids, she was a much happier, less itchy girl!

Miss Pitiful was cheered up briefly when a special surprise that Daddy had ordered arrived on Monday evening.  It was hard to find because it is such a minor character in the movie, but Andy finally found an Aayla Secura action figure!

Audrey only threw up once yesterday and was a little feverish that evening, but I knew she was feeling better when she went upstairs and got into her dress up box.  She even picked out stuff for Bridget to wear.  Andy and I had the pleasure of eating dinner with two cute little fairy princesses!  I will have to get the pictures off of my camera and post them later.

Miss B is cracking us up lately because she is obsessed with closing doors!  If there is a door open, she makes a bee line over to close it.  It's not just limited to doors either.  She went to go throw some trash away the other night and was walking out of the kitchen and noticed that a drawer was not shut all of the way, so she had to go back and push it shut.

She has been melting my heart lately because when I put her to bed, she says "Nigh nigh.  I wub you."  So cute!! 

I will leave you with a picture of B that big sis took with my phone.  :)

No comments: