Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bandaids Make Everything Better

It will be a miracle if Audrey and I make it through the week without a trip to the ER!  On Tuesday, I was hanging some window blinds they fell before I could secure them.  Something on the top punctured my hand and while the wound isn't very long, it is deep.  I was worried that it would need a little stitch, but Andy cleaned and bandaged it up.  It's still swollen and sore.

That evening, Audrey came up to me and said that her tummy hurt and that she needed a band aid on it.  I figured she just wanted a band aid because I had one on, but later I noticed her getting a little lethargic.  After I put Bridget to bed, I found Audrey outside of the door crying and drooling.  I told her to get into the bathroom and I got the trashcan under her mouth just in time.  Andy got her changed and she lay in her bed saying "I'm not feeling so well." 

She slept until about 10 pm, got up with a fever, took some Tylenol and puked some more, and then woke up on Wednesday perfectly fine.  No one else has contracted this random stomach bug so far (knock on wood).

Wednesday evening, B and I were in the kitchen making dinner while Audrey played in the playroom upstairs.  I hear a thud and some crying... Audrey learned that hard way that it's not easy to walk down stairs with high heels on.  I found Audrey, a book, my iPhone and some dress up heels on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and my poor girl had a fat lip.

She kept insisting that she needed a band aid for her lip and I kept telling her that it won't stick.  After bath time, she figured that she would have to take care of it herself, so she went into her bathroom and came back to my room like this:

 Nut!!

My little fashion girl is turning into Bridget's stylist as well.  This morning she told me that Bridget didn't like shorts and then picked out a dress for B to wear to daycare.  I thought she was so sweet until we were driving to daycare and she told me "Be quiet.  Quit talking and just drive."  Man, I can't wait until she is a teenager... not!

No comments: