Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fresh Paint

Somebody has kidnapped my husband and replaced him with a guy on a cleaning/home improvement kick.  I mentioned to Andy on Saturday that Sherwin Williams was having a great sale and that I was going to pick up some paint for the kitchen (a project that I have been pondering and started on months ago).  He told me to go ahead and pick a color for the bedroom too, and by Saturday night, we had a newly painted room!

Our room was one of the ones that we haven't done anything with since we moved into the house and the walls were a drab, pale green and the double tray ceiling was still white.  We went from this:

To this:
Our next mini-makeover is the kitchen - I can't wait to lighten up the olive green walls!  That just leaves the office, the dining room, the foyer and the playroom left to freshen up. 

I have been asking Audrey nearly every day this summer if she wants to go to the pool and she never does.  On Sunday, she randomly wanted to go to the pool, but first I had to help Andy load some old furniture into his truck to drop off at Goodwill.  I also put a baby toy in my car to bring to Baby Madeline and she got mad that I was getting rid of toys.  She looked at me and yelled "You're ruining my life!"  I thought this type of drama was for preteens, but I guess Audrey is 3 1/2 going on 13!

Andy didn't want to go to the pool, so I took my first solo trip with the girls.  Audrey was content playing on the stairs and we realized that she can touch the bottom in the shallow end, so I didn't have to worry too much about her.  Bridget, on the other hand, wanted to be in the water, but then she would get mad and try to push my hands off of her.  I only brought her life jacket and not one of the baby floats since I only have so many hands, but she wanted nothing to do with that, so she just had to be mad at me for holding her.

The water was SO hot so it wasn't very refreshing, but Audrey didn't want to leave.  She tried to tell me that she wanted to learn to swim underwater in an effort to get me to stay, but since there wasn't anyone to watch B, she was out of luck!

No comments: