The girls wanted to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve, so we pulled out the sofa bed and put on the Dick Clark Countdown. Unfortunately they both passed out at about 11, but they almost made it! On New Year's Day, I decided that I needed to really clean out the playroom so we could fit the new toys in there. We filled up the back of Andy's truck with stuff for Goodwill and I still have some stuff that I want to get out of there. I also plan on repainting an old dresser and desk in there - Pinterest has me feeling crafty! The play room may look messy to you, but this is a huge improvement!
The girls were able to sit in their chairs and watch a movie in there for the first time in months.
I also picked up the girls rooms while I was at it and had to snap a photo for prosperity:
We also got to play outside for a while because the weather was unusually warm. We brought their new scooters out but Bridget doesn't really get how to use hers yet, so she just "helped" Audrey.
I had the day off of work on Monday and wanted to get out of the house by myself for a while. I wanted to run down to Jo-Ann Fabrics just because I hadn't been there in a long time and wanted to see what kind of Christmas stuff they had left on clearance. Audrey wanted to go with me but I told her that I was going to a boring craft store. She said "But when you leave me home with Daddy, he drives me crazy!" I couldn't argue with that, so I ended up bringing her with me! :)
Here are some more photos of the girls. This is Bridget feeding her new Baby Alive, Sally. Sally basically has a hole that goes from her mouth to her tush, so we had to change her diaper many times that day - I thought I was done with diapers!
Tuesday morning was really cold and the girls looked so cute all bundled up. Poor Audrey inherited her Dad's morning eye bags. I texted this picture to Andy and he asked me if I punched Audrey in the face - nice!
While she was so sleepy that morning, I dressed her in corduroys and a sweater. I thought she would pitch a fit about wanting to wear a dress or "soft pants," but she didn't say a word. Yesterday I tried again with a pair of jeans and she wore them without a word too - this is the first time she's worn jeans in a long time!
Yesterday Audrey gave me this picture of Ariel, Founder and Sebastian that she drew for me at school. It's so cute!
After we got home, she decided to take the picture back and give it to Rainbow (her goldfish). She got her crayons out, added Rainbow to the picture under Ariel. She had me hang it behind Rainbow's tank so she could see it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment