Yesterday morning, I dropped the girls off for their first day at the new preschool. Audrey didn't protest her uniform, although she asked why she couldn't wear a dress.
They walked in just fine but Bridget had to be pried from my arms by the director, but she stayed with her and didn't cry. The director was sweet enough to call me at about 10 and let me know that no tears were shed after I left and that Audrey jumped right in to the class activities. When her teacher called the kids to go to class at 8 am, Audrey was the first in line!
When I picked up the girls, they were excited to show me their new classrooms. Bridget thought it was neat that there was an Ava in her new class since she had one in her old class. Audrey's assistant teacher was in the room when we went to get her backpack. She also said that Audrey acted like she had been in class the whole year and participated in all of the activities. She said at one point, Audrey told her "I like this place better than my old school. You have more stuff." I guess Audrey can be won over with material things! Audrey was also excited that they had a class guinea pig just like her last class, and there was a bunny in the after school class.
She was eager to decorate her school issued tote bag when we got home. I have some stamps that I've had forever but paint was all dried out. I ran to Walmart to get some fabric paint and knew that B would want to paint something too, so I picked up a tote bag for her.
Here is Audrey's new bag:
And here is Bridget's. Out of all of the cute stamps, she picks the dump truck and the train!
Last night, when I asked Audrey what her favorite part of her day was, she said "No more going to the old school!"
This morning, I thought I would test the uniform code and stick some cute tights on Audrey, and apparently it's ok to personalize your uniform with tights because no one said anything to me.
Bridget wanted me to take her picture this morning too.
Today, they told me that Bridget interacted with the kids more but she still hasn't said a word. I expected that because she is pretty shy around people she doesn't know. When I went to get Audrey, she was out on the playground playing house with a couple of other little girls. The after school teacher asked me if it was ok to bring Audrey a special treat tomorrow - she said she was stacking chairs in the room and hadn't asked anyone for help. She turned around and Audrey was stacking chairs too! She thought she was so sweet and wanted to bring her a lollipop tomorrow! Audrey's exciting discovery today was that the after school room has a Wii with Just Dance Kids.
I think it's safe to say that she is very happy there! I had been debating switching them to a nicer daycare and although I will miss their old teachers and friends, I am kind of glad that had this push to move them!
I just found this photo by Bridget on my phone while downloading the others to post. Was she being artistic or was she trying to tell me that she was almost out of cereal?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment