Sunday, January 29, 2012

Great Week!

The girls continued to have a great week!  Bridget said a couple of words to her teachers on Wednesday and on Thursday her teacher reported that she had spoken a few words to some other kids - baby steps!  I found out that 2 of her little buddies from the "little school" (as B calls the old place) are coming to the "big school" on Monday.  Hopefully that will help her open up even more.

I really wish I had started Audrey here for pre-K.  On Friday, I got a weekly newsletter with what the kids had been doing and what the theme for next week will be.  The kids earn pennies for doing certain things in class and every Friday they get to spend them in the Pre-K Store.  The teacher gives them a bag with their total amount of money on it and as they pick stuff out, she writes it on the bag so they can figure out how much money they have left.  Audrey came home with some Smarties and Play Doh.  Although the other school was good, I think she will get more from this one.

In other big news, Audrey has her first loose tooth!  She was eating breakfast on Wednesday morning and started crying hysterically.  I asked her if she bit her tongue and she said "No, my tooth!"  I said "Did you bite your lip?" and she said "No, my tooth.  I think I cracked my tooth!!"  I told her to hurry and swallow so I could take a look and I didn't see a crack, but one of her bottom teeth was a little loose.  I hadn't really explained to her about loosing teeth and the Tooth Fairy because I thought we were a ways off from that, but, here we are with a loose tooth!

No comments: