The week started off normal enough, then went quickly downhill. One of my co-workers has a daughter in Bridget's class at the daycare. He called me on Thursday afternoon and said that his wife told him that the daycare was closing down at the end of the month, which is just a week and a half away. I knew I would find out for sure when I picked the girls up, but I went ahead and started looking online for daycares with the Georgia Pre-K program. People sign up the January before to get their kids into pre-K, so I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to move Audrey to another class (besides freaking out that I had a week and a half to find a new daycare).
The rumor was confirmed when I picked the girls up. The daycare had found another place that had openings in their Pre-K program and would match our current rates. Unfortunately, I had heard some negative things about that place. That evening, I emailed a preschool nearby that I have heard good things about and the director called me about a half hour later. They had 5 spots in their pre-K program and 2 in their 3 year old class.
I went over to tour the place at lunch time on Friday and went ahead and signed the girls up. It is going to be quite a transition. For starters, Audrey has to wear a uniform to Pre-K. Anyone that know Audrey knows that she is my little fashion girl, so it's going to be fun trying to get her to wear a polo shirt and khaki's every day. Also, Bridget's class is an actual preschool class, so she has to go full time. No more staying home and playing with Grandpa Pete or the Grandma's. There is also all sorts of rules that we aren't used to. Audrey has a certain bookbag that she has to use, we have weekly tuition that is due whether you are present or not (if we take a week off for vacation, we still have to pay a half week to keep our spots), etc.
It's also not very easy to find school uniforms in the middle of the school year. I ran around to a few places yesterday and found 1 polo shirt and some pants. Luckily, Grandma Mary came to the rescue and found some more polos and some khaki skirts, so Audrey is all ready to go next week!
I think in the long run, it will be a good thing. While I hate taking the girls out of their comfort zone, this new place focuses much more on education rather than just letting the kids play all day. In the mean time, I am a nervous wreck about dropping them off tomorrow at a new place with new people. I will let you know how it goes!
We discovered that poor Avalanche was losing weight - it turns out that he is missing a tooth and was having a hard time eating. We bought him some soft food and he seems to have perked up some but I still think he needs to go to the vet to make sure nothing else is wrong. He spends most of his time in Bridget's room. Audrey made B's bed for her and placed all of her babies on the bed like this - Avalanche seemed to like it!
One or both of the girls usually ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. The other morning, I got out of the shower to find Amos snuggling Audrey.
A few mintutes later I saw this - I don't know how that didn't wake her up!
Side note : I had to refill out the Pre-K paperwork at the new place on Friday. One of the sheets asked for personal info about the child and asked for pet types and names. It had ONE LINE. I had to squeeze in the dogs and cats and turtles - unfortunately I forgot about poor Rainbow Unicorn. I think we have too many pets! :)
Here is a picture of Bridget in a ball pit at a birthday party we were at today.
And on a teeny tiny exercise bike
Audrey loves this mermaid shirt from the Gwen Stefani line at Target. She modeled it off for Daddy tonight and he pointed out the the mermaids arms look like saggy boobs. Now that's all I'm going to see when she wears this. As Andy said "It's a good thing her new school has a dress code so she won't be wearing that boob shirt!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment