I am getting ready to leave for a long weekend at the beach with Tina and some of her friends, but I thought I'd pop in and post real quick. This is the first time I've left Bridget (2nd time for Audrey) and the first time Andy has been in charge by himself! He gets to see what it's like to get everyone up, dressed, fed, off to school (don't forget the pets), then pick everyone up, fed, bathed and ready for bed. Plus Audrey has ballet on Saturday. I got him out of going to a birthday party on Sunday, mostly because it was at a roller rink and I think it would be hard to help Audrey skate while holding B. Good luck Andy!
The girls continue to do well at school. One of Bridget's little friends started on Monday. She was already there, playing by herself, when we got there. She looked up, got the biggest grin and yelled "HI BRIDGET!!" and ran over to her. Bridget loved seeing her too - that night when I asked her what the best part of her day was, she said "Playing with Olive." When I asked her what she was going to dream about, she said "I going to dream about Olive. I love Olive!" :)
I finally took Avalanche to the vet this morning. The vet said that he was borderline emaciated and he was so anemic that his gums and third eyelid were white instead of pink. :( She said that she could tell how big he used to be because there was a lot of extra skin when she was feeling his belly, and she told me not to feel bad because it was probably hard to tell just how skinny he had gotten because he's so fluffy. His belly and lymph nodes felt OK, so they took him back to get some blood and urine and will send those off for a full panel. They will call me by noon tomorrow to let me know what they find.
Bridget has been obsessed with Batman ever since Andy stuck a ski mask on her head and told her she was Batman a couple of weeks ago.
She runs around the house saying that she's Batman and Daddy's the Joker and they play fight. One day, Audrey asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up, Mommy? A teacher?"
Me: "No, not really."
Audrey: "Yes, you want to be a teacher."
Me: "OK then. What do you want to be?"
Audrey : "A cheerleader. What about you Bridget?"
Bridget: "I want to be Batman!"
Audrey; "You can't be Batman unless you are an actress." Smart girl!
Bridget also picked out Batman Valentines at the store and now wants a Batman birthday cake. Whatever she wants!
Andy taught the girls how to eat shelled peanuts the other night. It was messy but they enjoyed it!
Well, it's almost time to go. It's supposed to be kind of rainy at the beach, but I'd rather be at the beach in the rain then at home! Time for some Mommy time - I get to sleep as long as I want, eat whenever I want and not have to worry about anything for 4 days! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment