I have to brag on my big girl a little since the blog seems a little Bridget-heavy lately (maybe that will make up for the fact that I totally forgot to take her to gymnastics this week)! Audrey is so smart for someone who doesn't go to daycare very often! She knows all of her colors in Spanish (I guess from Dora) and came up to me the other day and started counting by odd numbers (don't know where that one came from either).
She loves to act goofy - she makes up silly words to songs and tells terrible jokes. Last night she told me that she wanted to put on her jammies by herself, and she came into my room giggling with her pants on her head and her shirt around her waist.
As silly as she is, she is also super sweet, especially with Bridget. She has always been pretty good about sharing with B, even though Bridget isn't good at sharing back yet. This is the girls at the playground the other day. She pushed Bridget on the swings for a while, then followed her to the slides.
They also love sleeping together. When Audrey is super tired, she doesn't like Bridget in her room, but most nights they don't mind shacking up in either Bridget's or Audrey's bed. Audrey has even been napping on the big chair in the living room with B.
Last night we took the girls to a restaurant called Bobby G's Authentic Chicago Restaurant to introduce them to their Chicago roots (Audrey was only about 18 months old the last time we went to Chicago and Bridget was just an embryo!). The girls split a hot dog and had an Italian shaved ice for dessert. When we left, Audrey said "That was a really good dinner!" Here are some photos that Bridget took with my phone at the restaurant, and yes, Andy is flicking off his 2 year old.
This picture is of Bridget trying to help Amos get his ball that had rolled under the dresser - the two beings with the shortest arms in the house were both stretched out on the floor trying to reach it! Bridget was in the same position as Amos when I first grabbed my phone.
I wish I had a camera that could take pictures in the dark because Hazel slept with Bridget in her tiny twin bed all night last night. When I went in to peek at them before leaving for work, Bridget was down at the foot of the bed with Hazel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment