Sunday, February 27, 2011

Circus Freaks

We sold Bridget's crib on Wednesday and finally made it to buy her a twin mattress on Friday, so her big girl room is almost done!  She likes sitting on the bed but when it came to bedtime on Friday night, she freaked out if we tried to leave her in the room alone.  We ended up just letting her crash in our bed and carrying her down the hall.  She stayed there all night and didn't roll out though, so that was good!
Little B has been pretty bossy since turning two.  When she wants something, she demands it while pounding her hand on the table, and while she has always been good about saying thank you, she's not so good with please.  We have been working on that, except now when she wants something, she'll ask once and then demand "Peas? peas? peas?" while pounding her hand on the table!

We took the kids to the circus on Saturday afternoon and I must say, it was a little underwhelming.  Audrey oohed and aahed at it, but Bridget was bored by the second half and I thought most of it was kind of boring.  The acrobats were impressive and the elephants were cool - Audrey said the elephants were her favorite too.




I took Audrey shopping to get some summer clothes. We already have different ideas about what is cute and she's only 4!  I kept picking out outfits and she would find something wrong with each - "I don't like the blue on that."  "I don't like palm trees."  She picked out a blue tie dyed sun dress and no matter what I tried to get her to switch with it, she wouldn't do it.  I guess I have a future hippie on my hands!

This is what Andy and Bridget were doing while Audrey and I were out:
(note for the Grandma's:  the hatchet was pretty dull so Bridget was not in danger of hacking her own leg off)

No comments: