Monday, February 14, 2011

Prince Charming

We had a pretty fun weekend of birthday celebrations.  The twins party was at the bowling alley.  I mentioned previously about how Audrey has a fear of leaving/losing stuff.  She carried her jacket around for the first half hour of the party because she didn't want to forget it on the back of a chair.  She then had a little meltdown when her bowling ball stopped in the gutter and was stuck.  Bridget liked going up to the aisle with the ball, but would then cry when I pushed it down the lane.

That evening, the Farbotko side of the family came up to celebrate Grandma Mary's 60th birthday with grilled shrimp and steak.  Yum!  Grandma brought the kids some Valentine's gifts and Bridget walked around wearing a tiara and clip on earring for the first portion of the night.  She would stop every once in a while and swing her head so the earrings would move.  It was cute and of course, I don't have a photo.  I almost got a shot of Andy in the tiara and earrings but I wasn't quick or sneaky enough!

Audrey is a chocoholic but every time she would get a piece of Valentine's candy, she would get one for Bridget and say "Happy Valentine's Day Bridget!"

Yesterday was beautiful out, so I made the girls and dogs stay outside for a good portion of the day.  Audrey came in while Bridget was napping and painted a tea set that Aunt Steph got her for Christmas.  We are all ready for a tea party now!

Amos was tuckered out by the end of the day.  He was so sleepy and his skin is so droopy that I couldn't see his eyes when he came in.  I don't know how he could even see with those droopy eyes!


Last night, Enchanted was on TV.  Audrey has never seen it before and I thought she would lose interest once it became live action instead of animated, but she was glued to the TV for the entire movie.  At the end of the movie, Andy and I noticed that she was just sitting on the couch looking really pissed off (and yes, that is Amos that she is leaning on).  I asked her what was wrong and she said "Why didn't Giselle go with Prince Charming?"
"Because he wasn't her true love.  The other guy, Robert, was."

"But why?"

"That's just how love works.  You don't always end up with Prince Charming.  The other guy was her true love."

"But Ariel falls in love with Prince Eric!"  This went on for about 10 minutes after the movie ended.  I guess her image of Happily Ever After with Prince Charming was shattered when Giselle didn't end up with the prince! 

No comments: