Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fiesta!

We had Bridget's Dora birthday fiesta on Sunday.  She was so excited when we started putting the decorations out that she was marching around the dining room singing Happy Birthday.  I found a Dora tiara/sash set that she wore around like a diva throughout most of her party:


Since we have so many toys and not a lot of 2T summer clothes, I asked everyone to get her clothes.  You wouldn't think a 2 year old would want clothes, but she looked at each outfit and card as we opened them!
On Monday evening, we had our first mom/tot gymnastics class.  I did this with Audrey when she was about 19 months and it was a disaster.  She didn't want to do any of the activities and I spent the entire time chasing her around the gym.  Bridget was the complete opposite - she had a blast! 

We started out by doing some warm up exercises.  The other parents were holding their kids arms trying to get them to touch their toes and stretch.  Bridget pushed me away and said "I do it, Mommy."  She tried to imitate all of the moves the teacher was doing.  The instructor used a different kid to demonstrate each activitiy (balance beam, bars, summersaults, etc) and Bridget kept trying to run to her yelling "My turn! My turn!"  After she did each activity, she would yell "I did it!!"  It was adorable.  We may have a future Mary Lou Retton on our hands!

My little biologist, Audrey, made her plastic giraffes a tree to eat from.  I thought it was pretty good! :)

The other day, she told Andy that we need 3 dogs instead of 2.  He asked her what kind of dog she wanted and she said "Roscoe.  I'm going to go to doggy heaven and get Roscoe back!"  :( She loves Amos - they are always wrestling together, but she still asks about Roscoe every once in a while.  Poor Amos will never live up to the legend that was Roscoe!

No comments: