Bridget mostly just snacked on cookies and candy that Grandma had out, so she was wound up when we got home! She had slept in Audrey's bed with her the night before, so we thought she may go to sleep better with Audrey again. At about 9:30ish, I was in the room with them and told Bridget that if she was still up when Santa came by, he would just bypass our house. Audrey grabbed Bridget around the waist and said "Lay down Bridget!" When she wouldn't stay down, Audrey said "Please get Bridget out of here!" She wanted to go to sleep for Santa and didn't want Bridget to ruin everything!
I love this photo of the girls waiting to go see if Santa came:
They had a good time opening gifts. Bridget made sure to get every piece of tape off of the toy, then demanded "Open it!" It started snowing pretty early in the morning and it snowed all day! This was the first white Christmas in Atlanta since 1882 and it really made the day special!
We spent the afternoon and evening with the Farbotko side of the family. Audrey got Hungry Hungry Hippo from the Bryant's and I loved watching the kids play it because I remember playing it when I was little. Ian would grab the balls out of Audrey's side, put them in his and yell "I won!" :) Bridget has her little tongue out in determination in this photo!
On Sunday, we got the girls all dressed to go play in the snow. The dogs thought it was great, but my little Southern girls didn't care much for the snow. Bridget refused to leave her mittens on, so after about 5 minutes, she came up to me crying "Go in house! Hands cold!" Not long after I got all of her winter gear off, Audrey came in too. So much for the excitement of the snow!
Here is a link to the rest of our Christmas pictures: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGk8





No comments:
Post a Comment