We had such a fun weekend! The festivities kicked off on Friday when I decided that although Audrey's long hair is beautiful, it is only beautiful for about three minutes after you brush it, then it looks like a knotted train wreck. Bridget needed her bangs cut as well - the last time I tried to stick a barrette in her hair, she came up to me about 10 minutes later with the barrette in her hand. She said "NO IN HAIR!" and slammed the barrette on the table! So after work, I scooped up the girls and Grandma Mary and went and had about 5 inches cut off of Audrey's hair! It looks so much better and is much easier to manage!
Grandma bought some rainbow colored nail polishes at the beauty salon, so I did Audrey's fingers and toes before bed.
After ballet on Saturday, we went straight over to Tyler's Indiana Jones themed 7th birthday party. Tina had the basement all decked out and a bunch of clever games that went along with the movie. Audrey was still playing with her "Indian Jones" treasure bag when we got home.
We finally got around to decorating our first real Christmas tree. This is the first time that Audrey has been really into the holidays, and she loved helping put the ornaments on. We have every ornament we own on the tree and the bottom branches are sagging from Audrey's decorating. She kept saying "We are making the tree SO pretty!" I didn't have the heart to fix her branches, so if you see a goofy looking tree in our pictures, know it was done out of love!
I was worried about Bridget and Amos around the tree, but Audrey is the one constantly rearranging the ornaments and taking them off to use as play figurines! Bridget hasn't even touched anything and Amos only grabs the ornaments that fall or that Audrey has on the couch or table.
Yesterday was Audrey's birthday party at Monkey Joe's. This was the first time that she has seen her classmates outside of daycare and she was SO excited! We had about 13 kids total and everyone had a blast!
Audrey got a little weirded-out while everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her. She made this face the whole time:
This little guy is her friend Andrew from daycare. She talks about him all the time and I think he likes her too! They hung out a lot at the party. He came up to me at one point and I thought he was looking for his mom. He said "No, I'm looking for Audrey. She keeps getting away from me!"
We brought the gifts home to open with the family and between the Disney Princess stuff, Zhu Zhu pets and her very own iPod touch, she was in heaven. She went to bed last night with a stuffed Tinkerbell, Rapunzel and her horse and 4 Zhu Zhu pets!
I have a ton of pictures to load on shutterfly and will post the link when I'm done. I can't believe my baby is going to be four tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
LOOKS like a blast!! AND it looks like the same thing AJ did too. :) If we lived closer, our kids would probably date or go to prom. LOL
Post a Comment