Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

This past Wednesday, we dropped the girls off at Mom's to babysit for the day.  Bridget wouldn't take a nap for Grandma so she passed out on our brief drive to Bucco di Beppo, where she slept like this through most of dinner:

Shortly after she woke up, I had to take Audrey to the bathroom.  When we returned, Bridget started telling me that she wanted to go potty. I didn't have any extra diapers in the restaurant, so I didn't take her and she was pretty upset at me. The next day, Andy was home from work and decided to bring the training potty down from the attic to test out B.  She has since been showing a lot of interest in potty training.  I wasn't planning on starting this process until this spring or early summer, but since she is initiating this, we figured we should roll with it!

She has only gone in the little potty once, but she has had some accidents in the bathroom near the potty and when she pees in her pants, she says "Uh oh!" and gets upset.  I had to run to Walmart to look for some tiny undies.  The smallest they had was 2T-3T, so they are a little big on her, but she likes them.

This morning, Audrey was in the bathroom with her and she was sticking her feet on the training potty.  Bridget kept screaming "No!  My potty!"  Audrey replied with "I know it's your potty Bridget, but not everything is yours!"  Can you tell that MINE is Bridget's favorite phrase? ;)

Look at how big Amos is getting!  This was taken the day after Christmas after everyone came in from playing in the snow.  We were worried that he was going to fall asleep and roll in the fire, so we made him get down.
Last night was probably the first time that I've stayed awake until midnight on New Year's Eve since Audrey was born!  We had our friends Scott and Gabi up and then after they left and we got the kids in bed, we grabbed the monitor and went across the street to celebrate with the neighbors.  Between the wine, champagne and staying up late, I am feeling a little sluggish today and the gray rainy sky isn't helping! 

Here's to hoping you all have a wonderful 2011!

No comments: