The week before Thanksgiving, I started having a little bit of abdominal pain. I attributed it to the stress of hosting Thanksgiving, plus Audrey's birthday and the holidays coming up. Finally, the Tuesday before Turkey Day, I went to the doctor. The PA I saw told me that she thought I had a UTI and gave me some antibiotics to go ahead and start while we wait for the test results over the holiday weekend.
Monday rolled around and she emails me at 5 pm saying that I don't have a UTI, so to come back to the office. I made an appointment with a doctor, who after listening to my complaints and feeling around on my belly, referred me to go get a CT scan.
I had that done on Thursday and was a nervous wreck waiting until Friday afternoon to get my test result. I was on Google all day looking stuff up and convincing myself that I had all of these terrible diseases, even though my blood work turned out perfect.
So... long story short, I have 4 kidney stones, 2 in each kidney. They aren't obstructing anything and they are not too big, so they want me to pass them on my own. Since they are still in my kidneys and not in the urethra yet, the pain isn't too bad, but as I chug down glass after glass of water, I anticipate the pain of them working their way out. Ouch!!
In kid news, Audrey's daycare director gave me a big compliment on her yesterday. A's teacher had to leave for a couple of hours for a doctor's appointment, so they shuffled the kids around to different class. Audrey ended up in the Pre-K class and the teacher said that she was so well behaved and polite and played nicely with the kids in the class that she wished she had 20 Audrey's in her class!
I asked Bridget's teacher if she talks much at school since she can be a chatterbox at home, and she said that the only time B talks is when she wants a baby doll or when she needs a diaper change. She said that B comes up to her and says "I wet." I wish she would do that at home!
I am running on four hours of sleep today. Between 9 and 11 last night, Audrey threw up three times and had a nasty poopy in her pull up while she was asleep. Just as I got settled to bed, Bridget woke up and barfed all over me while I was trying to rock her back to sleep. She didn't totally fall back asleep until about 3 and then Amos woke us up at 7. Neither one had a fever, so I thought maybe they ate something bad. They were both a little tired and clingy today and Audrey has been passed out on the couch now for almost 3 hours, which is amazing since she never naps.
Next weekend is Audrey's birthday party (and Tyler's), so let's hope we are all healthy and stone free by then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh...I hope the stones pass quickly! If you want a 2nd opinion, I have the number of an excellent urologist we work with alot. Just let me know if you want his info. Hope your whole house is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment