Thursday, May 7, 2009

Portrait of Bridget

My nephews stopped by for a visit on Tuesday and Tyler was drawing on a white board that Andy brought home from work. Tina asked him to draw a picture of Bridget and he took his job very seriously. He kept looking at her, then working on his drawing. I think it looks just like her, don't you?



Since there isn't much going on, I am stealing inspiration from Amanda's blog and sharing some "Audrey-isms" with you.

  • She'll call Bridget "little fella" or "big boy," so I was trying to explain boys vs. girls to her. I told her that she was a girl and she said "No, I'm not a girl. I have brown hair." ??
  • During nap time: "Audrey, I need you to take a nap so Mommy can go shower." "You can't shower - you have clothes on!" She had a point (kind of)!
  • Roscoe was at his water dish and I asked him if he was thirsty, so she went up to him and said "Are you thirsty buddy? Are you thirsty? Do you want some orange jello?" I'm sure he did, but I'm not sure how that was going to solve his problem! It was especially random because I have no idea when the last time she had orange jello was, but it was on her mind.
  • Our baby swing died (it was from waaay back when Tyler was a baby, and I think Audrey helped kill it off), so I put out a note on Facebook to see if anyone had one I could borrow. My neighbor had one, so Audrey and I picked it up on Monday night. It has Jack and Jill dolls hanging over it, and Audrey took them off and made Jill start beating up Jack. She was yelling "I'm a girl. I smash boys. SMASH!!" Andy was so proud!

No comments: