Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


Mother's Day weekend came and went with a whirl! Andy has been working on this insane work project and is gone for about 12 hours a day, so it was mostly me and the girls all weekend.

I received some presents from the girls on Friday at school. Bridget's teacher made a picture frame with B's picture in it and Audrey made a hand print plate. On Monday, Andy had brought home some other baby's diaper bag, so Bridget's teacher told me "I put Bridget's gift for you in your bag in case Andy picked her up. I didn't want him to bring home some other kid's picture!" Hee hee. She also told me "Bridget sat in a bouncy chair by herself for a long time today. That's unusual for her." Yes, lady, I know that my baby is a little spoiled and likes to be held!


Even though the plate was dated 4/27, they must have used the wrong kind of paint because it was still tacky and I smeared it when we got home, so our first stop during Mother's Day shopping on Saturday was Michaels. I was going to purchase some kind of spray sealer, but we never made it beyond the front display.





They had small pots with plastic Gerber daisies and cute little wooden shapes (bees, suns, ladybugs) sticking in them. Audrey wanted one with each shape and as I tried to walk past, she yelled "No! Get back here! Bad girl - stop!" She then tried to stack about 8 pots on top of Bridget, and when I put them back on the shelf, she had a complete screaming at the top of her lungs temper tantrum. Right about then, Bridget decided that she wanted to finish the bottle that we started before we left. It was SO embarrassing.



We sat outside on a bench so everyone could cool down and then headed to James Avery to buy the grandmas baby shoe charms for their charm bracelets. JA was a madhouse and I didn't want another scene, so I had to look like an a-hole and just give the grandmas an IOU for Mother's Day.

I offered to host everyone to grill out on Sunday afternoon, which was fun except I spent all of Mother's Day cleaning the house! Andy got up and made me breakfast before he left for work, then I cleaned away. Avalanche was sweet enough to bring me a large, dead mockingbird as a gift (or maybe it was for his mother, but she never saw it).

This is Audrey's Mom "tattoo" that Daddy drew on
Audrey and Ian cooked Mother's Day dinner in Audrey's kitchen:


Poor B woke me up in the middle of the night on Sunday because she was coughing and then she's been sneezy & snotty ever since. Daycare reported that she was gassy, sneezy and cranky all day yesterday - they probably cringe when they see poor high-maintenance Bridget coming! I was up a lot with her last night between her coughing, sneezing and having screamy painful gas (somehow Andy slept through all of it). I'm really hoping Audrey naps today so I can too. She hasn't napped for me in a week. Please don't phase out nap time Audrey!!

No comments: