Mmmm... apple sauce! It tastes even better when Mommy lets you feed yourself. Don't forget to wipe some in your hair!
We have had a fun, busy few days. The weather was awesome on Saturday, so we packed up the kiddo and the dogs, grabbed some Publix (sorry Dad) subs, and headed to the Chattahoochee River. Audrey loved watching Hazel fetch in the water. She was pretty mad that we wouldn't let her just walk on in to the water too! Of course, I forgot my camera. I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone but I'm having problems sending them to my email.
On Sunday we went over to Grandma and Grandpa F.'s and she played with Ian and the kids that live across the street. On the way home, we had to stop at Petsmart. Andy's hog nose snake decided that he didn't want to eat frozen mice anymore. He hadn't eaten in a couple of months, so Andy wanted to buy a cheap lizard and frog to see if he's eat them. He made the mistake of telling the associate that they were for food, and she wouldn't sell them to us!
Two stores and an angry Andy later, we had an anole and a tree frog. Andy had to sign a little adoption paper saying that he's take good care of them! Audrey loved the birds at the pet store. She laughed and pointed and talked to them. Too bad she'll never get one of her own!
After we got home, I noticed that the tree frog was really cute, so Andy said that if he's not eaten in a week, I could keep him. Luckily for him and the anole, the snake randomly decided to eat the frozen mouse last night, so I have a new little froggy (the anole is going to be returned to the pet store, although he is kind of cute too). I'm going to ask Tyler to help me name him. He's good with names. He has Goldfish the goldfish and Frog the frog.
When I picked Audrey up from daycare today, she was really fussy. The new girl in the baby room said that she hadn't napped all day. After lunch, they went out to the playground and Audrey fell asleep outside. I'm not sure if the poor thing just layed down on the grass or if someone was holding her, but when they brought her in to the crib, she freaked out and wouldn't go back to sleep. The poor thing is so overtired - Andy put her to bed at 7:30 and at 8:10, she's still in her crib talking to her puppy. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night!
The title of this post refers to Audrey's new favorite phrase. I'm not sure if she's actually saying "Where's Hazel?" but it really sounds like it. It kind of sounds like "There's Hazel," when she sees her and points to her. I'm not sure why she likes Hazel so much more than Roscoe; maybe it's because he's always in her face!

No comments:
Post a Comment