The neighborhood egg hunt was a success (and a little chaotic but I don't think most people noticed)! Although there was supposed to be 4 of us setting up, only one volunteer showed up. I only got half of the decorations that I bought out and we were still setting out eggs at 2 when people started showing up, so we had other parents out scattering eggs. After all that prep, all 1,000 eggs were found within minutes!
Audrey stood by the baby area and stared at the eggs while a little boy of about 3 filled her basket for her. She's already got boys doing stuff for her! She was a little clingy at first, then she started running around and exploring.
The Easter Bunny was a little late and a lot of the kids had already left, but there was still about 15 kids there when she arrived. Audrey loved her! She kept bringing the bunny these giant decorative Easter eggs (which she played with throughout the entire Easter story that the bunny read). We had the bunny hold her for a picture and later, Audrey ran up to her and wanted to be picked up.
Afterwards, she opened her gifts from Grandma and Papa and sampled a little of the Easter dinner. The cake was a big hit, although I'm worried that her sweet little dress might have stains from the green icing!
Here are all of the pictures from Saturday:
On Sunday, the Easter bunny left Audrey a basket by her crib. I didn't think she'd notice it, but as soon as I lifted her up, she saw it and leaned down to go get it! Later, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa F's where Uncle Alex showed up in his 99 cent Easter bunny costume! Lucky had to jump up on the couch to get in the pictures too!
Audrey had fun playing with her new bubble mower and she even showed Ian how to use his new toy, although he was quite the pro at pushing it even though he can't walk yet!
Here are Sunday's pictures:
In other cute news (if anyone is still reading!), now, instead of just telling the dogs "No, no," she tells them "Uh Uh, No!" She's also called Elmo "La La" a couple of times (from his theme song).
Audrey is also going to try out for American Idol next year. She is always singing to herself, and she even sings some baby babble to the tune of the Barney song (I love you, you love me...) and to Frere Jacques. I'll have to try to catch it on video soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment