It was one year ago today that we first heard the words "It's a girl!"
We went in for our 20 week ultrasound and got our first peek at our little girl. The tech measured all her organs and then stopped and said, "Well, do you see anything there?" Because of the way she asked, I thought I was supposed to be seeing something, so I said "Is there a little penis there?"
"No, there isn't anything there."
"So, it's a girl?"
"Yes, it's a girl!"
I remember looking at Andy and saying "IT'S A GIRL!!" I would have been happy with a boy, but having three nephews already, I wanted a little girl so bad so I could paint her toenails (which I still haven't done) and buy little purses and dresses.
After our appointment, we each called our moms on our cell phones. Andy handed his phone to me so I could tell them both at the same time. I called Tina next and she was very excited to be able to buy pink too, although now she and Jason didn't have anyone to dump all of their boy clothes on! Poor Tina was almost in tears by the time I called because the appointment took so long that she thought something might have been wrong. She was with us when we had the ultrasound when I had the miscarriage, so she knows how nervewracking every appointment was with this pregnancy.
So, Happy "It's A Girl" Day Audrey Claire! We all love your girly giggle where you shrug your shoulders and wrinkle your nose, your dainty little fingers and toes, your long, messy hair that looks so cute in piggy tails and those big blue eyes that are going to melt the boys hearts one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment