Saturday, July 14, 2007

Audrey Clapping - The Movie

Here is a quick video of Audrey doing her new favorite trick - clapping. It was a hard video to get because whenever she sees the camera, she usually stops whatever she's doing to stare doe eyed into the lens! At the end of the video, she hits her foot on the sofa table and decides that banging her foot is more interesting than clapping. I'm not sure she understands the concept of clapping yet because sometimes she'll clap while she's fussing.

She hasn't made a lot of progress with crawling, but she can now pull herself into a sitting position. I went to get her up this morning and she was sitting up staring at me when I walked in. It's pretty startling seeing that when you are used to this little helpless creature just lying there! The only bad thing is that now that she's trying to push up all of the time, she's banging her head into a lot of stuff! She keeps falling over onto hard toys or flooring or her crib railing.

As cute as she is with the clapping, bedtime has become a nightmare lately. She hates going to bed. Andy's philosophy is just to plop her in the crib, walk out and let her cry. I know that "crying it out" is a sleep method, but she eventually gets to the point where she's almost hysterical and she won't fall asleep because she's crying so hard. I end up having to either stand there and rub her back or hold her until she falls asleep. Or I just let her stay up until she's so tired she's about to pass out, but then she's up until 9:00. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make bedtime easier on both of us, let me know!

No comments: