Also, to get some crappy news out of the way, we got Avalanche's blood work back last week and he has cancer with a poor prognosis. The vet called while I was at the beach, which put a damper on my weekend, so Andy texted me this photo to show me that the kitty was getting lots of love while I was gone.
I had an awesome time at Girls Getaway Weekend! We started out Thursday night with a catered dinner at Jan's house followed by a concert by some Nashville songwriters. We went back to Jan's for cocktails afterwards and at about midnight, I told Tina that I was not going to go to bed without seeing the ocean first, so we went down to the beach and got our toes in the sand! (All of my beach pictures are from my phone, so excuse the quality!)
I was awoken at 7:30 on Friday by a call from the vet, which put a damper on my day. Since I was the only one up, I took advantage of my alone time and sat on the balcony off of my bedroom and read for 2 hours until the other girls got up.
Now that I am writing this, I can't remember what we did on Friday! It involved brunch, shopping, walking the beach and then dinner at the square. After dinner, Jan had them set up a bonfire on the beach. That is the first time I have ever done that and it was awesome!
On Saturday, we had breakfast at Jan's and then walked the beach for a while and then went to a painting class. At the last class I went to, the instructor walked us through how to paint the picture. At this one, she put up a picture of Van Gogh's Starry Nights and said "The paint dries fast, so keep the brush moving in swirly strokes." That was about it. I finished mine way before every else, but I kind of liked it simple and didn't want to keep going and ruin it.
Saturday night was a delicious catered dinner followed by another concert by some Nashville songwriters. The couple that was there that night came and hung out with us afterwards - they were really cool! We had even more catered food for breakfast and then it was time for the long journey home. As much as I enjoyed my mommy time, it was nice to come home to hugs (mostly from Amos) and to know that I was missed!
I have a lot more pictures to share, but I must get the girls to bed. I hear that the Tooth Fairy can't stay up very late anymore. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment