Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat

When I last left you, I thought Bridget was on the mend from her little bug, but on Monday, Grandma Carol called me at work to let me know that B's fever was back.  By the time I got home from work, it was up to 102.4.  Mom had to go straight to Tina's to watch the boys, so she took Audrey with her so I could take B to the after hours clinic.  Before we left, Audrey asked "Is Bridget going to see Dr. Uggless?"  "It's Dr. Douglass and it depends on which doctor is at the clinic."  "Well, if it's Dr. Douglass, please tell her that I got some new pink cowboy boots."  Audrey knows what is important!

Bridget just ended up having a viral infection and I had to call in to my new job for the first time to stay home with her on Tuesday.  That was the first time we've ever spent the day just the two of us.  It is much easier with one kid! :)

The rest of the week was a whirlwind of activity.  Audrey had her class Halloween party at school on Friday and then the girls spent the night at Grandma and Papa's while Andy and I had an exciting evening of watching TV and sleeping - woo hoo!  I had to run errands on Saturday morning, then we had a neighborhood Halloween party/pig roast/hay ride.  Andy had my camera in his truck and my cell phone died so I don't have any pictures from that party.  We learned that Audrey is terrified of creepy masks - one of the guys put one on and ran out to scare the kids and poor Audrey was hysterical and wouldn't go outside for about 30 minutes.

On Sunday, the girls and I had brunch at Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate Aunt Steph's birthday and then came home to clean and get ready for Halloween.  Here is my favorite photo of Snow White and Rapunzel:



Andy left work early on Monday and carved pumpkins and had dinner ready and then the girls and I went trick or treating with a couple of little girls from down the street.  Bridget wasn't that into it - she went to the first few houses by herself (with the big girls), then she would make me hold her hand, and then she just wanted me to carry her.  After that, I just kept her at the curb with me.  She wouldn't even ride in the wagon.  About half way around the neighborhood, she started saying that she wanted to go home, so I called Andy to come and pick her up.  I went to our neighborhood haunted house for the first time expecting something silly, but these folks put a lot of money and effort into it - it was really good!

Here are the rest of our Halloween photos.  Enjoy!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGo_

No comments: