Last Wednesday, Andy had to go out of town for a few days for a conference in Connecticut. The night after he left, Bridget was asleep in my bed, Audrey was almost asleep, and I was watching TV when I heard and saw something fly over my head. Audrey shot up and said "What was that?" It was a little bird that the cats must have brought in.
He didn't look injured at all and he was just as scared as we were. Audrey started to panic a little "Call the police! Don't let it get on Bridget!" I ended up closing him in my room, opening all of the window and removing the screens and chasing him around with a broom until he finally flew out. It took about 20 minutes because he kept flying everywhere but out!
Here is what the bed looked like most nights. We fit in there somewhere...
Andy ended up having to stay in CT longer because his company was contracted to help with snow storm damage while he was up there. He wasn't sure exactly when he was coming home, and when he finally booked his flight, he thought it would be cute to not tell us and surprise us. The only problem was that he got home at 11:30 pm on Monday. I was awoken by the sound of the basement door creaking open and the dogs running down the stairs barking. I was reaching for my phone to call 911 when I realized that the dogs were not barking anymore and that it was probably Andy. He gave me a heart attack!
It's starting to get a little colder here, and just like Audrey at this age, Bridget does not like to wear jackets. She will, however, wear this fuzzy white vest. This is the picture I got when I told her to smile for the camera:
Big sis wanted to wear her hair in a side pony tail like the girl on her shirt, and these are the cheesy shots that she took:
They get their inability to smile normal for the camera from their father!
This picture was taken when Bridget was mad because we were out of Oreos:
Tomorrow I turn the big 3-5! I'm starting out this new year with a sassy new haircut and I am on a mission to update my wardrobe. At my old job, I was usually by myself in the office so it didn't really matter what I wore. I realized at this new job that most of my work clothes are from back in my Lucent days, so my 35th year will be all about style! No more frumpy mom clothes! Happy Birthday to me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Happy birthday, and enjoy updating your wardrobe! I keep trying to convince myself to start buying quality clothes instead of shopping at the sale rack in Target, Old Navy, etc. So let me know if you need a Mommies-only shopping partner sometime! :)
Post a Comment