Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sisterly Love

I love watching the girls together - Audrey is so sweet to Bridget and B thinks the world of her big sister.  Lately, we have been trying to break them of their horrible bedtime habits (which are totally our fault).  This means that they are going to bed earlier and I am not laying in Bridget's bed with her until she falls asleep.

It has been going well, especially since Audrey has been sleeping in Bridget's room with her.  Now, we go in B's room, read 3 books and I can leave because Bridget has someone there for company.  I have noticed that they have been much easier to get up in the mornings because they are going to bed at a decent time.  Imagine that!

A couple of nights ago, I was trying to get Bridget to bed by herself, so while I was tucking her in, I said "Bridget, are you a big girl?"

Bridget:  "Yesh."  (she says her S's as "sh."  It's adorable.)

Me: "Are you a big girl because you go pee pee in the potty?"

B: "Yesh."

Me: "OK, well big girls also go to bed by themselves, so Mommy is leaving the room.  Good night!"

About 5 minutes later, I look up to see Bridget standing at my bedroom door and she says "Mommy, I not a big girl."  I guess she didn't like that aspect of being a big girl!

When Audrey is in her room, she will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night saying "Ah Dee?"  I will go in and tell her that sissy is right behind her and she will snuggle up against Audrey and fall back asleep.  One night when she woke up crying, I heard Audrey get up and in her sweet little voice, she was saying "What's the matter Bridget?  Do you need a drink of water?"

Bridget was painting with water colors the other day and Audrey walked in and said "Wow Bridget - a rainbow.  That is so pretty!" 

She also asked "Are you okay, Princess" when B tripped the other day.  So sweet!

When we went to the mall to get the girls new July 4th dresses, we also took them to the Disney Store.  They had row after row of Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Tiana and Belle, but not a lot of Snow White stuff for poor Bridget.  We did find her a shirt, which she loves!

Big sis picked out an Ariel shirt of course (yes, that is our washing machine in the background in the middle of the kitchen).  Side note - I think this might be the first time in 3 years that Audrey will not be having an Ariel themed birthday party.  She told me that we need to start making a list for her Tangled birthday party.  Rapunzel is running a close second to Ariel as Audrey's favorite Disney Princess!

I got Audrey dressed in an outfit that she didn't really care for the other day and she came up to me and said "I don't feel pretty in these clothes.  They make me feel kind of nervous." I'm going to have to make sure to take her with me when I start shopping for fall/winter clothes so I don't buy any more clothes that make her nervous!

No comments: