This past week, I had Audrey's Pre-K orientation. All they did is show the Pre-K room and give me the packet of paperwork that needs to be turned in on the first day of school. As I was looking through it and looking at her school supply list, it hit me that we have hit a major milestone here! While this isn't as big as going to kindergarten, we are now on school schedules for the next 15 years. 15 years of homework, school supply shopping, not being able to do certain things because it's a school day - it's crazy to think about! At least I have this little nut home with me for the next couple of years.
I will also be saving a lot of money on daycare expenses when she starts Pre-K! It's a state funded program so I just have to send lunch money and then it's $11/day for after school care. Audrey is taking Pre-K at her daycare since she is familiar with the people and kids there, but I am worried that she has been spoiled by staying home 2-3 days a week with grandparents and that she is going to have a hard time having to go every day. Hopefully it will be fun so she will want to go. I don't want to have to battle her every morning.
Last weekend, our 10 1/2 year old washing machine died. Andy took the back off of it, decided that he had no idea what to do and told me to call a repairman. The only day that worked for the Sears guy and I to meet was Friday, so we went the week without a washing machine, which sucks when you have a newly potty trained 2 year old who seems to be regressing a little bit.
I did a couple of loads at Tina's throughout the week and had 3 overflowing baskets in the kitchen waiting for the repairman to fix the machine on Friday. The guys walks in, sees the back off of it and says "I can't touch a machine that's already been taken apart. It's a liability." and he walks out. I was SO pissed!
The girls and I spend all day yesterday at Mom's doing laundry. The girls didn't mind though, because they got to play with Gretchen and Otis all day.
Today I will be assisting Andy in the laundry room (the drywall behind the washer was moldy, so he cut it out yesterday) and trying to convince him to just get a new washer instead of waiting another week for the Sears repairman. Wish me luck! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment