Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Beginnings!

I have been trying to find a new job since around Christmas time.  I have sent out numerous resumes and had maybe 4 or 5 interviews.  I was beginning to get very discouraged and wasn't expecting much when I sent off a resume to a nearby restoration company last Sunday.  Well... they called on Wednesday, I interviewed on Thursday and they called me on Friday morning and offered me a job!

Luckily I was the only one in the office on Friday because I was dancing around the building when I got off the phone.  This job will be basically the same thing that I have been doing, but it's with an established company and it will cut about 50 MINUTES off of my commute!  I have worked with my current company for almost six years, so I kind of felt like I was breaking up with somebody when I made my resignation phone calls, but it felt great.  I go in next week to tie up loose ends and then start my new job on the 8th.

That is the same week that Audrey starts pre-K - she starts on Thursday the 11th.  I had been planning on taking that day off to pick her up right after pre-K ended, but it looks like she will be staying there until I get off work.  Luckily I will have a 8 minute commute! :)

For those coming here to see some new pictures... here is what I usually see in the mornings.  Bridget sleeps sprawled out in the middle of the bed without covers and Audrey is balancing on the edge!

We have to allow time in the mornings for Miss Independent to put on her own shoes. "I do it Mommy.  I big girl." She likes to pick out which pair to wear now too, so on some mornings I feel the need to tell her teacher "I let her pick her own shoes, that's why they don't match her outfit!"
One day last week, Tina and the boys came over when I got off work and we all went to the pool.  Our neighborhood pool is never very busy so we had the whole pool to ourselves.  Jason was out of town and Andy was working late, so we decided to just order a pizza.  The kids thought it was fun eating pizza at the pool!
Our garden isn't doing very well.  We've picked about 5 good cucumbers and the rest are coming in yellowish, 1 yellow squash, 1 mutated green pepper and a bunch of cherry tomatoes.  The big tomatoes are growing nicely but they are still green.  Audrey doesn't like to help harvest, but B does!
That's about it.  The blog may be quiet while I get used to working full time for the first time in 4 1/2 years!  I need to figure out how to get myself organized since I won't have my afternoons free to do errands.  Perhaps I will be able to convince Andy to get me a maid now... I wish!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats again, and good luck! You deserve this!