Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fun on the Fourth

As I mentioned, we headed down to Centennial Park for a party on the Chamber rooftop.  I wanted to get some good shots of the girls in the cute outfits before we left, but Bridget woke up from her nap in a foul mood!


I could tell that we don't go downtown often enough because as soon as we got to the Buckhead area, Bridget stared at amazement at the buildings and exclaimed "Mommy, a tower!  It big!  Look Daddy, a castle!  Dat Snow White house?  It big!"

The Atlanta Chamber building is right off of Centennial Park.  There were lines of folks waiting to get into the park and I was surprised to see that they had to go through metal detectors.  I was glad that we got to bypass the line and go straight into the building.  Here was our view of the park.  The big headliner was Chrystal Bowersox from American Idol but they didn't have the speakers very loud in the pavilion so we couldn't hear her very well.


I must admit, the Fourth is more fun with family and friends, but we did enjoy a nice free dinner and drinks and the fireworks were great!  Bridget stood on my lap and danced and yelled "Woo hoo!  Yay!"  Afterwards, Audrey said "That was awesome!  I love fireworks!"

We didn't bring the camera because we weren't sure what they place would be like, so here are some fuzzy cell shots!
 Audrey lost her light up pin about 5 minutes after I took this.  I made the mistake of saying "Oh no, you lost your pin."  She was about to freak out until quick thinking Daddy said "I found it and it's in my pocket for safe keeping."  Luckily she didn't call him out on it or we would have had to sneak Bridget's pin away from her. 
 Photo courtesy of Audrey:



4 1/2 going on 14!  She ended up taking home a bouquet of the red, white and blue carnations.

No comments: