Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

After years of semi-neglect, Andy is finally taking interest in the yard again, so for Father's Day, the girls and I took him to Pike's and let him pick out some new plants for the yard.  While there, I bought some flowers for my long neglected front porch pots and a cute little garden flag.


While at the nursery, Audrey came up and said "I'm going to go stand next to those big flowers.  You take a picture and send it to Aunt Tina."


After Pike's, we took Daddy out to lunch where Bridget really enjoyed the queso dip!

When it's not too hot, we hook Amos up to the wagon and have him pull the girls around the block so he will sleep at night and not wander the house eating Barbies.  Audrey has decided that she is big enough to walk Hazel.  Hazel pretty much pulls Audrey around the block while she yells "See, I'm doing good!"



I took the girls to the pool by myself for the first time this summer and it was SO much easier than it was last year.  Audrey is tall enough to stand in the shallow end now, so she will splash around there while I hold Bridget.  On Saturday, she had her hands up on the wall and was letting her feet float out and she announced "See, I can make my legs float.  I'm ready for swim lessons but you keep forgetting to sign me up for them!"  So... guess what I will be looking into this week?

She has been cracking us up with her Rapunzel obsession lately.  She wears her wig and reenacts the movie while watching it.  Poor Bridget has to be Pascal, the chameleon and for some reason, I end up being Flynn.  I guess that is better than being the "evil witch mother," as Audrey calls her.

Here are some cute Audrey quotes from the past few days:

A: "You know who my favorite guy is? Daddy is my favorite guy!"
B: "Amos my favorite guy!"
A: "Amos is a dog, silly!"

"Oh man, Bridget.  Mommy is going to have to put some oxiclean on that." (I still never figured out what she was talking about when I overheard that)

"Bridget, you have the cutest little toenails!"

No comments: