Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Addition

We would like to introduce the newest member of our family, Amos!

I have had puppy fever for a while and the bug finally hit Andy.  He was looking at basset breeders online and found one in North Carolina that had 2 puppies from a litter left.  He emailed the breeder on Friday and discovered that she was going to be a couple of hours away today and... long story short, we have a new puppy!

They got home around 7:30 and I brought the girls out front.  They were SO excited.  The first thing Audrey said was "He looks like Roscoe!"

Amos and Bridget hit it off right away.  They followed each other around all evening and Bridget hugged him every chance she got.



Unfortunately, Hazel isn't too fond of the little fellow yet.  She growls every time he gets near her.  Avalanche briefly met him, hissed and ran off.  Spot hasn't met him yet, but I think she will have the same reaction that Avalanche did. 

He had a fun night exploring his new home and is now sound asleep on the couch.  Audrey made sure to cover him up in the baby blanket that the breeder sent with him.

I think he is content with his new home, and we are so happy to have him!

No comments: