Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ouchie


Ever since Bridget was big enough to grasp stuff in her hands, that stuff has gone straight to her mouth.  At daycare, she has to sit next to the teacher during craft time because she is a craft eater, and her teacher says she is always telling B to stop eating dirt on the playground.  Last Monday, Miss Nikki said that Bridget was sitting on the playground with her cheeks all puffed out and she pulled some acorns out.

Luckily, she has never choked on anything, but on Friday, I got a call from daycare.  Bridget was running with a Lego in her mouth, fell and ripped that little piece of skin that connects the top lip to the gums.  I called her doctor who said that there is nothing that can be done for that and the daycare director said that she wasn't acting like it bothered her, so I didn't go pick her up but I felt so bad for her all day.  I was expecting the inside of her lip to look all raw and red, but it doesn't.  There's just a rip in her skin.  :(

Audrey was acting kind of sad and pouty the other night after Bridget went to bed.  I asked her what was wrong and she said that she didn't want Bridget to grow up into a big kid.  When I asked why not, she said that she wanted Bridget to always be her baby sister.  It was so sweet!

No comments: