Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Day

My rechargeable camera battery bit the dust on Thursday morning, so excuse the lack of photos. Just believe me that the girls looked adorable in their dresses on Thanksgiving! :) Grandma Carol has some pictures on her camera, but it will probably be next Thanksgiving before she remembers to download and email them to me (hint, hint Mom)!

Audrey wore her Halloween costume while watching the Macy's parade. Luckily we convinced her to take it off before we left for Grandma and Papa's house! Bridget sampled all of the food, but like her Mommy, she wasn't super excited about the turkey. She only ate one piece of that and left the rest on her plate.

The rest of the long weekend was spent cleaning the house and putting up Christmas decorations. The tree is up with the lights on right now and Audrey and I plan on getting the ornaments up today. Even though there are no ornaments on the tree, the girls have already broken three!

What else is new... Bridget can now let go of stuff and stand by herself for about 10 seconds and she has also learned to clap in the past week. And she's still a crappy sleeper! I keep trying the "cry it out" technique but she just gets super pissed and then she's wide awake. I was reading online that sleep problems are common at this age because separation anxiety really kicks in. 9 month olds are learning that they are a separate person from Mommy and it's a little scary when Mommy is not near.

On Sunday night, Audrey kept trying to pick up Bridget and put her on her lap while saying "You are so cute! I love you. I love you already!"

No comments: