We had a wonderful first Christmas as a complete family! We celebrated with my side of the family on Christmas Eve.

It started raining as we left to come home, and by the time we got the girls in bed, it was really windy too. After we... I mean, Santa... put the presents under the tree, I went to bed so I could be ready for a busy Christmas day. Around 11 pm, I hear the sound of tree falling, so I jumped out of bed to check on my car. We couldn't see any trees down from the windows, so Andy went out back and noticed that one of the big, live pine trees had totally uprooted from the wind and rain.

We decided that our Christmas angel was watching out for us that night. That tree is on the side of the house that the girls rooms are on, but luckily it fell away from the house. It also managed to fall without hitting the shed, the Adarondak chairs, the toys in the yard - the only thing it damaged was the fence, which Andy was able to pretty much bend back to shaped today after he, Pete and Dad got the tree off.
On Christmas morning, after showing Audrey the tree that Santa knocked down on his way out, we opened our gifts here.

No comments:
Post a Comment