Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Audrey!

We had a party filled weekend last weekend, starting with cousin Tyler's 6th birthday party at the bowling alley. This was Audrey's first time bowling and I think she had a good time. I thought it was cute that they had bowling shoes in her size!

Here is Bridget walking around the bowling alley with Papa.

The girls spent the night out that night so Andy and I could go to a Christmas party with some college friends and by the time they came home on Sunday, the house was decorated for Audrey's Ariel party. Just as I expected, she had to hurry and put on her costume. Her buddy Emma came dressed as Sleeping Beauty.

I had the kids play Pin the Tiara on Ariel and it didn't go quite as planned. Everyone pulled the bandana off when they got up to the Ariel poster, so it turned into Put a Sticker on Ariel. Cousin Ian put his right over the boobs - way to be a boy, Ian!



Everyone knows of Audrey's love of Ariel, so she got a ton of new Ariel stuff. Surprisingly, there were no repeat gifts - there must be a ton of Little Mermaid stuff out there! Audrey thoroughly played with everything before bed!
Here is a picture that I took of Audrey on her birthday that shows her little sassy face, which we see a lot lately. I told her to smile and she told me to get the camera out of her face and that I'm not her friend. I can tell that 3 is going to be a fun age! ;)


On Monday, Audrey's actual birthday (for which she chose chocolate chip pancakes for dinner), Bridget made a trip to the pediatrician with a 102.3 fever. The poor little thing has a cold which has lead to an ear infection and swollen tonsils. She started an antibiotic on Monday night but she is still really congested and fussy and her fever just broke yesterday.

Andy got a great shot of Bridget's gapped top teeth. Hopefully they will grow together as the other teeth come in, or we are going to be spending a lot on braces!

Bridget is standing by herself fairly well, but I think we are a long way off from walking. I am pretty sure I heard her say "Uh Oh" and "No" recently, but she hasn't said it consistantly enough for me to be sure. Other than that, we have been busy getting ready for Santa. The girls can't wait!

No comments: