Thursday, September 27, 2007

Splish Splash I Was Taking A Bath

This is what happens when Daddy is in charge of bathtime.


You get Alfalfa hair...



Then you get a funky mohawk:



Then it gets parted in the middle because Daddy thinks you need a new hairdo:



We have our first food reaction rash today. I noticed some little bumps on her cheeks last night and when she woke up, they were all over her body. They look like hives, but they don't itch. I tried strawberries out this week (which Grandma F is allergic to) and I think that's the culprit. The nurse at the pediatrician's office made me feel like a dummy. I told her that strawberries were the only new food she's had and she said "Is there anyone in your family that's allergic to them?" "Yes." "Plus, you know you're not supposed to give them strawberries until they are 2 or 3, right?" "No."

So, for those of you reading, don't give anyone under 2 strawberries! I looked on a baby food site (http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ - great site!) and it said that strawberries are very acidic and may provoke a rash in babies even without food allergies.
In much happier news, I think we are going to be walking soon! Audrey has been taking about two or three little steps and is so proud of herself! Her record the other day was four steps before she lost her balance.

No comments: