Saturday, December 17, 2011
Audrey's Birthday
Our big girl turned 5 last Wednesday. Man, I still can't believe it - 5 seems so big! We had her party last Sunday at Monkey Joe's. She had gone with me a few days prior to order the cake and was very mad that I ordered a half sheet cake. "I don't want a half of a cake! I want a whole cake!" I couldn't explain the cake sizes to her well enough. She went with Andy to pick the cake up before her party and the first thing she said when they got home was "I didn't get a half of a cake, I got a whole cake!"
She had so much fun at Monkey Joe's! Most of the guests were her little ballet friends. They have all been in ballet together since they were 3, and even though they only see each other on Saturdays, they are pretty good friends.
Last time we were there, B wouldn't venture too far from me, but this time I didn't know where she was half the time. She did come and find me and hug my leg every 10 minutes or so just to make sure I was still around! That's her on the right at the top of the big slide with Emma:
Her toys are getting to be a lot more fun! She got a lot of Barbie stuff and an Easy Bake Oven, so we made brownies on Monday after work. This is how my bathroom vanity looks. The Barbie dog park has taken over!
Audrey also got a Little Mermaid aquarium, so meet the newest member of our zoo, Rainbow Unicorn! Audrey slept in her bed for the first time in months last night so she could sleep with Rainbow.
We let Audrey choose what to do for dinner on her birthday and she chose to order in pizza, which worked well for us because Mommy and Daddy were out late the night before at my company Christmas party and we were exhausted!
Today was the last ballet class of this session and the girls were supposed to do a little Christmas dance for the parents. Audrey was so excited all morning, asking Andy "Are you coming to ballet? We are dancing to the Nutcracker!" When we got there, her teacher was out with the flu and there was another teacher. We still got to sit in the class and watch but they didn't get to do their Christmas dance. I may be a little biased, but I think Audrey was the best ballerina in class!
I got a couple of videos too, but I will post those another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment