Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

I found out on Wednesday evening that our boss was giving us Good Friday off of work, so I sent the girls to daycare for their class Easter parties and stayed home and decorated and cleaned the house.

Bridget's teacher said that B didn't really know what to do at the start of the egg hunt, but after they showed her what to do, she was a pro and was even picking up toys off the playground and putting them in her basket!  This is a picture that one of her teachers texted to me the other day.  B's class was playing dress up Bridget let them tie a bandana on her - she ended up looking like a little garden gnome!

Audrey also had fun at her class party.  She was very proud of her bunny ears and after I took her picture in them, she told me to be sure tosend the picture to Aunt Tina. :)
On Saturday I woke up with pink eye and after two days of having to soak my left eye open in the morning, I was lucky enough to find a CVS clinic open on Easter Sunday.  Unfortunately, I had to attend two Easter celebrations looking like someone threw acid in my eyes!

Saturday afternoon we went to a party at a neighbors house.  The girls had a blast playing with the other kids and the Crawfords did a wonderful job with their egg hunt.  After everyone ate, the adults hid about 300 eggs in their yard.  They let Bridget go first to get a head start and she and Audrey quickly filled their baskets.

After the kids finished, the Crawfords hid two eggs with big money in them for the adults and I am happy to report that I found the $50 egg!

We had Andy's whole family and my Mom and Dad up on Easter Sunday.  Poor B didn't take a nap that day and between that and all of the Easter candy, she was a mess by the end of the evening, as evidenced by these two pictures:

 You can see the rest of the Easter photos here:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGlp

I had to stay home from work yesterday because Bridget woke up with a cold.  I still had dishes from Sunday to clean and I wanted to put away the new Easter decorations and B just wanted to be carried all day (what's new).  I was tired by the end of the day and Andy had a work meeting, so I was on my own at bedtime.  Audrey is the master of finding reasons to come out of her room and I had finally had it, so I yelled "Audrey, get back in your room!  I am tired of this battle EVERY NIGHT!!"  She said "Ugh!  You are being so..... MOTHER-Y!" and stomped off!  I am so not looking forward to the teenage years if it's this bad at 4...

No comments: