Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bonnets and Bugs

The girls decorated Easter bonnets with Grandma Mary last Friday and were so proud of them.  They wore them all night and even had to wear them to ballet on Saturday morning. 

After ballet, we played outside for most of the day.  Audrey found a caterpillar in the front yard and we put him in a jar to watch him turn into a butterfly.  Audrey named him Charlie.  Andy told me to set him free so he wouldn't die in the jar, but by Sunday morning he was starting a cocoon and by Monday, we had a full cocoon.  I looked him up on the internet to see what he would turn into and unfortunately, if he makes it, Charlie is going to be an ugly brown moth

Audrey has been so interested in watching Charlie that I am going to buy her a monarch butterfly kit so we can have something pretty to watch!

I got out of the shower on Sunday to Bridget saying "Mommy, I paint my eyes!"  I think she's going for the Kesha look.
I never made the girls an appointment to get their 2 and 4 year portraits made and luckily, their daycare had picture day last week.  In the past, the school pictures have been horrible.  The girls didn't smile at all and looked miserable.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got their proofs back yesterday - they turned out adorable.

In the one where Bridget is touching Audrey's nose, they said that the photographer asked her to put her arm on Audrey's and she reached over pointed at her nose instead!

We have a busy weekend ahead - the girls have their class Easter parties on Friday, then we are having an egg hunt and dinner with some neighbors on Saturday, and then I offered to host Easter dinner so there will be lots of cleaning in between parties!  Happy Easter to all!

No comments: